Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

To blog or not to blog... ok, a quick blog

Friday, September 10, 2010
As we eat, as we walk, as we talk, we are watched... touched... smothered... all out of love and wonder... I really don't know how to take it.  I dyed my hair dark brown to stop getting the blond hair stares but it really hasn't helped.  My boys are touched, scratched, hugged and smothered by virtual strangers.  MEN or women, old and young.  We dine for pizza or Thai rice and we are gawked at, in a nice and loving way, but STILL.  I scold Blake for something on the street and look up to 5, 6, maybe 10 people looking on, smiling mostly, wanting to reach out to touch him.  I get comments hourly about how cute the boys are but I must have another, a girl.  Like I have a choice in ANY of that???  Paaaahlease.  It's really not bad, I know it is innocent, and I do want to respect them, but scratching my kids hair... after who KNOWS where their hands have been???  We swim a lot and bath a lot, it sounds mean right, but imagine, no personal space?  FORGET it here.  At least it's all nice, friendly and SAFE.  Forget being in a bad mood, someone always says something nice or opens a door for you or hands your change/card back like they truly appreciate your business.  It's everywhere... niceness.  So how does one respect their culture and yet have personal space too???  There you have it.... I blogged it.  Whatcha gotta say???

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your experiences. I think all this attention would be fun for a day or two but you are looking at 3 years of it. Maybe you just need to attach a sign to yourselves or something, like "es we are American no touching" Once when I was at Target a women was there with triplet babies. To avoid the comments that she must get continueally she had posted a sign to her triple stroller that said "yes they are triplets and they are 5 months old".

    ReplyDelete